My guest, and new friend, Leonie Dawson, is an international best-selling author and artist. She is also a serial entrepreneur and has built three 7 figure companies. Leonie has been recognized for her business acumen as a finalist for Australian Business Woman of the Year and Ausmumpreneur of the Year.
Leonie is also one of the warmest, most genuine, creative, FUN, women I’ve met. Her art is a joyful reflection of how I imagine she might see the world.
She lives on the Sunshine Coast, Australia with her husband and her two homeschooled daughters.
Before we get into the show, one housekeeping detail: I now have a place for listeners to join…. and I’d love to see you there. I opened a fb group: Incidental Joy Seekers where we discuss topics from the podcast as well as how to create and share joy.
Just go to facebook.com/groups/incidentaljoyseekers to join.
A FEW FINE POINTS OF THE CONVERSATION
- Hear about Leonie’s morning and how she is a morning goddess
- A little bit about where she lives in Australia and what it’s like
- We discuss the role of judgement … and expectations
- The gift of simplicity
- Charlie and Colette share a few moments with us
- Her first attempts at changing the world
- Her road to become the Prime Minister of Australia
- Sensitivity in the workplace — and what Leonie finds necessary to keep her equilibrium
- The intertwined practice of art and writing in Leonie’s journals
- What drove Leonie to share her work (hint: connection is key)
- Leonie’s creative routine and practices
- Leonie’s vulnerability in life and art and business
- Her goal in business and art
- We discuss swearing — from a nationality and spirituality perspective. We have many ideas about this topic.
- Mermaids! what they mean to Leonie, her art, and her life.
- The integration of spirituality, the role and evolution in Leonie’s life
- Depression, inner critics, and break through
- Leonie’s beautiful words about her inner cheerleader and her teenage years
- Leonie’s future vision
- And so much more
- Leonie’s books are here ! My Shining Year Life Goals Workbook 2020 and 2020 My Shining Year Business Goals are now available!
- Leonie’s website, where you can sign up for her newsletter where she shares her writing, lots of free gifts, latest offerings, courses! and her special self HERE
- Byron Katie’s The Work (and yes, I do refer to her as “Katie” in the show)
- Jan’s intuition course: How to Hear What You Know — A Course on Developing Your Intuition to Practically Guide You Through Life
- Jan’s website
- Life Purpose Quiz
- Connect with Jan on: Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Facebook
Thanks for listening. To catch all the episodes as they’re released, subscribe and please consider leaving a rating or review. It helps ensure the success and future of this podcast and is very appreciated! Inquire here for sponsorship opportunities.