A Conversation with Angelique l’Amour: Lifting Others Up through Words and Actions
Angelique L’Amour is the daughter of author Louis L’Amour, and like her father, she is a prolific writer dedicated to her craft. She wrote her first piece at age 4. Along her writing journey, she made a successful detour in the film industry, acting on film and stage.
A cancer diagnosis in 2009 led to her series of positive, practical “Girlfriend’s Guides to Cancer”. She now dedicates substantial time to advocacy and awareness efforts. Angeligue combines her gift into a combination of grace, humor, positivity, gratitude, and practicality. She lends her unique ability and helps others bring their stories to life, having created a Creative Writing program where she nurtures writers as an Author Coach.
Join us on a positive journey through an interesting and intentional life.
A FEW FINE POINTS OF THE CONVERSATION
- A daughter first: life as the daughter of the famed writer Louis L’Amour. His habits as a writer, as a storyteller and the routines of a researcher’s family
- Formative influences (other than her dad) in Angelique’s life
- Angelique’s first piece of writing — it was at age 4.
- What her creative process looks like
- Writer’s Block — is it real?
- We talk about fear. What is it? What can you do about it?
- Angelique’s cancer diagnosis in 2009 and how it led to her “girlfriend’s guide” series.
- Handling the big issues of life: what if I die? What do I do about my kids?
- Unusual market niches for cancer practicalities
- The power of support. The decision to remain private or to share information
- Angelique’s acting career in Los Angeles and the shift to her writing life
- Creating an intentional life
- Angelique’s books in the works include a middle grade fiction (mystery), spiritual self help book, and several novels. Stay up-to-date on the status via her website
- Listen to the end to hear Angelique’s message about perfection and bringing your gift(s) forward.
- And so much more
- Angelique L’Amour’s website with resources, Author Coaching, writing, speaking opportunities, and more
- “Girlfriend Guide” series to cancer:
- Chemo, Cupcakes, and Carpools: How to Go Through Chemo with Your Family, Your Marriage, and Your Sanity Intact
- Keeping Your Gratitude Intact Journal
- Keeping Your Sanity Intact Organizer
- Cancer survivor Twitter Chat: #BCSM on Monday night
- Connect with Angelique L’Amour on: Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Facebook
- Jan’s intuition course: How to Hear What You Know — A Course on Developing Your Intuition to Practically Guide You Through Life
- Jan’s website
- Life Purpose Quiz
- Connect with Jan on: Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Facebook
Thanks for listening. To catch all the episodes as they’re released, subscribe and please consider leaving a rating or review. It helps ensure the success and future of this podcast and is very appreciated! Inquire here for sponsorship opportunities.