LuAnn Nigara: Teacher, Mentor, Guide
LuAnn Nigara brings excellence every day. LuAnn does a lot. She is business owner of Window Works Window Treatments in New Jersey for 35 years, podcast host of #1 rated show: A Well Designed Business, author, speaker, and business coach, as well as a terrific mom, wife, and friend.
This show is about being more than doing, though, and the thread that connects what she does? LuAnn is a teacher, mentor, and guide.
LuAnn and I share a lot of laughs as we discuss the thoughtful topics of life, business, sales, and profitability. Listen in and you’ll hear a fun approach to substantial content. You’ll also learn the origins of LuAnn’s days as a leader and a glimpse into a few projects she is considering now for the future.
A FEW FINE POINTS OF THE CONVERSATION
- What drives activity in life?
- Repetition of teaching and mentoring in Luann’s life
- Social circles and how our role organically changes
- Leadership and how it shows up — and different words we use for it at different times (some more flattering than others!)
- How themes in our work evolve and how the themes evolved in LuAnn’s business
- Sharing knowledge as smart marketing in a profitable business
- Ways Luann knows her podcast, A Well Designed Business, is making a difference for interior designers
- LuAnn’s work transforming lives: how window treatments and business coaching are the same (and different)
- Running a well-designed business has a formula
- LuAnn reveals the magic combination of her top-rated podcast (listen in — you might not be aware of all parts of her equation)
- How Gretchen Rubin’s book, The Four Tendencies applies to LuAnn
- The role of curiosity in LuAnn’s life — now and when she was younger
- What shaped LuAnn’s passion and success in sales
- A path to leadership shaped growing up with boys — listen for details!
- How does LuAnn unwind and how her early years socialized those choices
- LuAnn’s book about how to set up, organize, and run a business: “The Making of a Well Designed Business”
- Her first book on body doubles (spoiler: it was a chapter in a compilation for Big Bold Businesswomen of New Jersey)
- The next phase: what LuAnn is most excited about now and a glimpse into the future
- Alignment of a life of purpose and how to use that in serving others (and the challenge it brings)
- The sales principle LuAnn leads with
- Why each of the 24,000+ Window Works customers is important to LuAnn
- The struggle of business life — and how to navigate through it
- Gretchen Rubin’s The Four Tendencies
- Nancy Ganzekaufer, Business Coaching
- Silva Mind Control
- Og Mandino, The Greatest Salesman in the World
- Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Napolean Hill, Think and Grow Rich
- Wayne Dwyer, Your Erroneous Zones: Step-by-Step Advice for Thinking and Taking Control of Your Life
- LuAnn’s website, podcast: A Well Designed Business, and book: The Making of a Well Designed Business
- LuAnn’s business and sales coaching program
- Follow LuAnn at: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- Subscribe to the series on YouTube
- Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes